Tuesday, July 29, 2008

JULY 29 TUESDAY DAY14

IT'S A FINE DAY. WE BROKE THE SURFACE AT ABOUT 1330 IN A RIOT OF SPRAY AND MIST . LIKE A GIANT EXHALATION . THE SUBMARINE WENT COMPLETELY OUT OF THE WATER AND THEN INCREDIBLY, ARCED IT'S TAIL AND LANDED ON IT'S SIDE. KIND OF UNUSUAL FOR A SUBMARINE .

8 HATCHES BANGED OPEN AND FRESH , COOL OCEAN AIR FLOODED THE LIVING SPACES . THE LAST HOUR OR SO WE MOTORED ALONG THE SURFACE IN A MOST ENJOYABLE FASHION . THE ANCHOR CHAIN SPILLED OUT IN A CLOUD OF RED DUST AND EVERYONE WENT SWIMMING . A SMALL BLUE RAFT FERRIED ME TO THE BEACH.

I AM HAPPY AND SAD AT THE TIME. ONE BIG PART OF THE JOURNEY IS DONE, WE HAVE MADE IT ACROSS-BUT NOW MY SUBMARINE HAS DONE IT'S WORK. THE ANCHOR CHAIN CLANKING HOME SOUNDED MELANCHOLY . AS I WATCHED HER DO A TIGHT LITTLE TURN AND HEAD BACK OUT TO SEA A PART OF ME WENT WITH HER . THE CAPTAIN GAVE ME A SMART LITTLE WAVE AND HALF WAY TO THE HORIZON THEY GAVE ME ONE LONG BLAST ON THE WHISTLE, THEIR MISSION COMPLETE.

I SIT ON A BEACH NOW TRYING TO GET A READ ON WHERE I FIND MYSELF. I THINK I WONT TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT FOR AWHILE. WHERE THE STORY GOES FROM HERE I DO NOT KNOW . BUT WE'RE OFF TO A VERY GOOD START .

......WHICH IS TO SAY- THE NUMBERS THAT HAD TO BE ABOVE 500 FOR 3 DAYS WERE 720 , 1850 ,AND TODAY 3270.THAT SOUNDS LIKE KABOOM TO ME . ONE BIG STEP IN THE JOURNEY IS DONE. I FEEL JUST GREAT.

TALK WITH YOU SOON, KHUN CHUCK

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to see you today and I am sure your next ship will have an equally great mission.
m

Anonymous said...

Did you see the fireworks on the horizon???...A celebration of your landing and a showing of the "brightness ahead"
Love WC

Anonymous said...

Got home last night, saddled up my pink palomino, put on my sparkliest spurs, grabbed an icy one and headed out to the prairie to toast a salute to the rise of neutrafillia. Been smiling ever since.
love you, Camille

Anonymous said...

piper asks, how did you learn to be so smart??

Anonymous said...

From The Book of Time

7.
Even now
I remember something

the way a flower in a jar of water
remembers its life
in the perfect garden

the way a flower
in a jar of water

steadies itself
remembering itself

long ago
the plunging roots

the gravel the rain
the glossy stem

the wings of the leaves
the sword of the leaves

rising and clashing
for the rose of the sun

the salt of the stars
the crown of the wind

the beds of the clouds
the blue dream

the unbreakable circle.

Mary Oliver


from THE LEAF AND THE CLOUD


going forth KC,

K. Jazeera

Unknown said...

Does this mean that rablerousing public art stealer will be roaming the pathways of the emerald city? Must I lock up my lawn art(pile of grass, tools left out,old hose, rv dodads) and post guard dogs(many small yorkies)? We must take a stand!!!! or is it "can't lick um, join um"? I am preparing for the assult with many weapons...anti submarine stuff and stealth art decoys(mole mounds,brown spots, more grass piles) Bring it khundude!

Anonymous said...

Yo khun---gotta couple of bald eagles over here I been telling about you and the golden egg. They feel they have abond with you, and want to renew aquaintences. Also if you have any extra nuetrophiles, they would like to give them a try. Happy B-day----Sockeye Sam