Sunday, August 10, 2008

AUGUST 10 - SUNDAY - DAY 26

IT'S EARLY MORNING AND IT'S COLD . THE SUN IS UP BUT STILL VERY WEAK . A FINE MIST HAS COVERED EVERYTHING . I AM ROWING HARD JUST TO STAY WARM AND WOULD TRADE MY WATCH FOR A CUP OF HOT COCOA RIGHT NOW .

I PREFER THE CLOSE IN STRETCHES LIKE THIS ONE WHERE I CAN WORK WITH THE NEXT 30 MINUTES AND NOT SEE TOO FAR WHAT'S UP AHEAD . WHEN I DO GET A PEAK AT AN OPEN EXPANSE IT SEEMS DREADFULLY FAR TO GO AND I GET DEMORALIZED.

I ONLY GO TO CLINIC TUESDAY AND FRIDAY NOW SO LARGE EXPANSES OF TIME ARE OPENING UP . MY ENERGY IS GOOD THE FIRST 1/2 TO 2/3 OF THE DAY AND THEN AN UNAVOIDABLE DESCENT BEGINS THAT I HAVE LEARNED TO SURRENDER TO . I JUST HAVE TO LET THAT PART OF THE DAY GO .

I'VE HAD AN EASY GOING WEEKEND AND AM SLOWLY FEELING BETTER ALL THE TIME .

LET HER ROLL,

KHUN CHUCK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

notes from the Transcendentalists!


Direct your eye right inward,and
you'll find
A thousand regions in your mind
Yet undiscovered,
Travel them and be
Expert in home-cosmography.


---------

To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of the arts.

THOREAU , Walden

The chicadee
Hops near to me,

THOREAU




I am large; I contain multitudes.

----

I exist as I am, that is enough.
If no other in the world be aware I sit content,
And if each and all be aware I sit content.

One world is aware, and by far the largest to me, and that is myself.
And whether I come to my own today
or in then thousand or ten
million years,
I can cheerfully take it now, or with equal cheerfulness,
I can wait.

WALT WHITMAN Leaves of Grass


for those "close in stretches,"

fondly,
bro Jazeera